Solar Brokers Canada is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer reporting to our Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in corporate and operations finance, capital markets and mergers & acquisitions. Strong character, the energy and capacity to get the job done and the experience to lead and mentor a growing organization are an integral part of this key role. This financial planning and analysis leader will be able to piece together data from a variety of work streams to build a complete picture of where the business is both on revenue and a cost basis, leading the combined teams to improve on our already amazing culture and business results. The Chief Financial Officer will serve as a key member of the corporate finance team and drive all strategic planning, financial planning, business modeling, forecasting, and management reporting activities in partnership with the CEO.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Raise money to fund growth opportunities; finance acquisitions; rebalance the balance sheet; and expand the company’s shareholder base.
- Source equity partners and raise debt to finance the growth of the business
- Lead FP&A across the organization, partnering with leadership to develop and implement strategic business plans and operating initiatives.
- Maintain the five-year strategic financial plan and business model.
- Evaluate and implement new technology to improve existing financial systems.
- Lead management reporting, including KPI’s, dashboards, business trends and performance vs plan, implementation of corporate performance management system and management of associated reporting and processes
- Deliver weekly financial updates, monthly performance analyses and quarterly rolling forecast
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors and organizational entities.
- Possess world-class forecasting talent and well steeped in both the theory and practice of building revenue and expense forecasts, and who can impart this knowledge to a talented FP&A and analytics team.
- Lead implementation of corporate performance management /BI system and management of associated reporting and processes.
- Support the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analysis
- Manage and supervise Finance, Accounting and Business Development departments.
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects
- Provide M&A due diligence support; develop financial models for strategic initiatives
- Provide a breadth of insight and financial decision support
- Responsible for supporting the growth of Solar Brokers Canada, while managing the company’s operating model, forecasting process, and developing key business insights.
- Lead investor due diligence, board packages, and run monthly financial business rhythm processes.
- Create analyses, commentary and presentation materials for Board meetings.
- Work closely with CEO on daily operations and major business transactions
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or other relevant degrees
- CPA designation is a must
- Big 4 consulting experience preferred
- Experience in a solar or renewable energy industry
- Experience in construction/energy/technology industry
- FP&A and internal operations experience at a mid-stage renewable energy company, in a global enterprise, will be an asset
- Experience in IPO and international expansion
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, swiftly-changing, start-up like environment
- Experience raising funds for mid-sized companies who are past startup and need funds to continue to grow (those with annual revenues between $50M and $200M, or employing staff between 100 and 250 employees)
- Experience raising working capital to support growth, and funds for a push into new markets, a new business venture, or to introduce a new product range
- Knowledge of various database systems financial modeling tools used to perform heavy data analysis over hundreds of thousands of records
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Analytical mindset to help elevate our analytical standards and practice to allow us to take full advantage of the data our massive, global, horizontal platform generates, to help improve both our business and that of our customers
- Visionary and entrepreneurial Chief Financial Officer. Must have the ability to challenge the norm. Contribute to and support the business’s development by constructively challenging assumptions
WHAT YOU GET:
- A competitive compensation that includes base salary + equity
- Dental / medical benefits
About Solar Brokers Canada:
Solar Brokers Canada is one of the largest solar providers in Canada and the first residential solar brokerage in the country. Since its founding in 2012, the company has experienced revenue growth of over 8900%. To date the company has brokered over 30 megawatts of residential solar in Ontario. Based in Toronto, Solar Brokers Canada (SBC) and its affiliate Green Lion Eco Group (GLEG), a solar engineering and project management company, oversee a staff of over 100 industry-leading professionals. Through proprietary tools, including state of the art project management, customer relationship management software and lead-generating interactive digital display kiosks, Solar Brokers Canada is redefining how consumers adopt residential solar.
For more information, visit http://www.solarbrokerscanada.com
All applications will remain confidential. No staffing agency calls, please.