Solar Brokers Canada is one of the largest solar providers in Canada and the first residential solar brokerage in the country. Since its founding in 2012, the company has experienced revenue growth of over 8900%. To date, the company has brokered over 30 megawatts of residential solar in Ontario. Based in Toronto, Solar Brokers Canada, and its affiliate Green Lion Eco Group, a solar engineering and project management company, oversee a staff of over 200 industry-leading professionals. Through proprietary tools, including state of the art project management and customer relationship management software and lead-generating interactive digital display kiosks, Solar Brokers Canada is redefining how consumers adopt residential solar.
We are currently recruiting for a Bookkeeper to join our growing team. We offer an outstanding work environment and competitive compensation package. We seek talented, enthusiastic, innovative, and flexible individuals, who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career
Reporting directly the Director of Operations, the Bookkeeper will be responsible for coordinating, reviewing, processing, file maintenance and reporting of general payables/receivables for Solar Brokers Canada and our sister company Green Lion Eco Group.
Our future team member will hold a diploma in Accounting or related program, combined with three years of experience in a similar role as outlined below.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, we are seeking an accounting professional capable of effectively performing full cycle accounts payable and accounts receivable, who is service orientated and has excellent attention to detail skills.
The following duties outline but do not limit the regular position requirements:
- Coordination, review and processing of full cycle accounts payables/receivable
- Ensures accounts payables/receivables and general accounting duties of department are performed with accuracy and on a timely basis;
- Matching, coding, and processing approved invoices;
- Maintenance of open and closed accounts payable/receivable files;
- Prepare supplier payments in accordance with terms and policies;
- Preparation of recommended payments listing for approval by supervisor;
- Correspond with vendors as needed to resolve payment discrepancies;
- Reconciliation and analysis of various accounts, such as accrued accounts payable and deposits with vendors;
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts payable/receivable status
- Reconcile and collect payments due by current/previous clients
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts;
- Provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization; and
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- College Diploma or certificate in accounting or related field, combined with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Previous collections experience would be an asset
- Working knowledge of accounting software;
- Previous supervisory or team lead experience would be an asset;
- Superior communication skills both oral and written;
- Excellent organizational, time management, analytical and follow-up skills
- Proficient with various computer programs including; QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and Salesforce
Please send all resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org